At first, I didn't tell Ariana or Isaac what we were doing. I just asked them to come sort the crayons: whole crayons in the bin, broken ones to the side. They didn't ask what was going on until I asked them to remove the papers from the broken ones.
With all the fun things we've been doing lately, Ariana has quickly become converted to the idea of Pinterest. All I had to do was mention that we were making something I saw on Pinterest and she was totally sold.
|Watched crayons actually do melt!|
Here's how to do this Liz-Proof Craft:
1. Obtain broken crayons.
2. Remove paper coverings from crayons.
3. Break crayons into 1/4"-1/2" pieces.
4. Generously spray mini-muffin pan.
5. Put crayon pieces in pan.
6. Put pan oven that is heated to 250 degrees Fahrenheit.
7. Let crayons melt for about 10 minutes.
8. Cool crayons. Cooling outside in Utah snow took less than 10 minutes.
9. Pop those crayons out, admire how they look, and start coloring!